Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

16.4.14

Other People's Parties: DIY Lego Party

In honour of The Lego Movie being out all over town for the holidays, I thought I'd kick off my new mum-party-tastic series (obviously featuring Other People's Parties) with Emma's brilliant Lego Party.

I've been mates with Emma from Frog, Goose and Bear for years now (it's funny how it sneaks up on you!). You could call it an online meeting of like souls - just like me, Emma loves to make a fuss over her kids' parties, like me she likes them to look good, but like me, she also knows that the good looks are just for 'us'. Kids don't care about aesthetics; they just want it to be so much fun that they get hysterical and scream a lot.

Invite

Emma wrote the details of the party on Lego blocks, built a tower, photographed it and yippee! It's a Lego party and you're invited!

Decorate

Emma made the cutest drink bottles by adding a coloured label and then stick the circles on using mounting tape. The tape gives it the 3D effect. The bunting was made the same way. You've just got to have bunting at a party, or a garland or something stringy. It' a must.

I love the number 6 on the Lego board and the coloured stripey straws. Little details make such a difference.

See these Lego temporary tattoos? Emma made them. No, she really did. If you follow her tutorial, you too could be making your own tattoos. I wanna!

Eat
These are marshmallows with edible pen faces! Just add food colouring to water and dip the marshmallows in, allow to dry and then draw on the sweet faces. Nice one, Emma.

Jelly pots are so easy to make - you just have to be patient! Make the first colour and pour it in, allow to set. Make the second colour, allow to cool and pour it on top of the first colour and so on... allow for lots of fridge space!

Lego sambies were made by cutting out small circles and buttering them onto the top of the bread.

Using red, yellow and blue (and orange!) as the foodie theme, Emma and the kids made Lego biscuits by icing store-bought bickies and adding some Smarties on top. Fun party food doesn't have to be complicated!


Such a divine cake for this theme, although Emma did mention that the red cake nearly did her in. Red food colouring is so hard to work with - it's always pink, pink, pink! The circles are iced Oreo cookies (again, not something Emma recommends tackling!).

Play
Pin the mouth on the Lego man. "Pin the" is such a great game for any party - you can always come up with something needing pinning. Kids love the whole blindfold / spin me around / pin the mouth on my friend instead thing ( note to self: use sticky tape!).

Obligatory Lego free-play area.

Like me, Em knows the power of a good party colouring in competition. I always have this going as the activity when kids are first arriving, so everyone is occupied while they wait for all comers and the party is off to a nice start.

A "guess the number of Lego pieces" competition.

Lego Toss! I'll be this one was great fun. Any game that requires kids to throw stuff is guaranteed to be a hit. Emma was brave having this one inside...

Thank
A small packet of Lego and some Lego sugar lollies (which Emma packaged neatly into a clear tube) were the guests' take-home gift. For prizes for the games, Emma made Lego chocolates using a Lego mold purchased on eBay. I love that even the prizes are handmade at Emma's house.

Thanks for sharing your Lego party with us all, Em.

Are your kids Lego mad? Reckon you could make a Lego party now?



Emma is mum to three kids called Frog, Goose and Bear. She is happiest when being crafty and creative. Her blog is full of really special activities for kids, including crafty projects, recipes they'll actually eat, games to play and so much more. 

It goes without saying that her parties are simply extraordinary




5 more Lego parties from around the blogs:


Col at Hello Olive

Steph at Bondville

Dawn at Not Just A Mommy


Big K Little G

(boy mums should definitely check out Allison's awesome 'boy' site All for the Boys)


If you have a partylicious DIY party you'd like me to feature here, please get in touch!

9 comments:

Jes Cohen said...

This is such a sweet idea! Definitely something easy and do-able and I am sure any gender would love this as their party theme. :) Thanks for sharing.

Naturally Jes

spark said...

Oh my goodness, how awesome! I want her to be my mum!!

Col | Hello Olive said...

We had a Lego party for my 4 year old last year. It was so much fun to prepare for because there are so many easy things to do. Those sandwiches for example look very familiar - I didn't cut off the crusts though :-)

http://helloolive.blogspot.com/2013/10/the-boys-lego-party.html

emma @ frog, goose and bear said...

It was a very fun theme! Thanks for sharing on your blog lovely Bron. xo

Sam Stone said...

Seriously that is awesome! I love kids parties!

Elisa {With Grace and Eve} said...

That is brilliant!! I am so impressed!

Kirsten Smith said...

What a fantastic party! So well put together and I love that pretty much everything is simple to make but looks really impressive. So many great ideas there!

tahlia @ the parenting files said...

This looks like an awesome party. Such a great idea!x

Simoney said...

This is so awesome - I LOVE Emma's parties - we are party soul sisters, you and me Emma (and bron); bring on the fun I say x

Post a Comment

Thank you for talking to me.x